Monday, November 7, 2011

New Project

Last year, I wrote a short film, submitted it to the screenwriting contest at Malone, ranking in the top four, and never made the film. This year, I am graduated and have never been more uncertain about what to do in my life. That's a dramatic statement, I realize, but I'm not going to downplay what I'm feeling and thinking because dramatic as it is, this really is the most uncertain time of my life. Even if I say "this is the most (blank)of my life" about a lot of things. I really mean it, every time.

So, I thought I'd do a project in the midst of all this uncertainty because I lose myself a little when I'm not creating a damn thing. Even though I'm currently writing another film, I thought I would actually film the one I wrote last year, since I finally decided that it's kind of important to me. I have some semblance of a crew put together, and I'm trying to get more crew members interested. Here is a sample of the project proposal:

Torn:
A film about the effects of talk on the perception.

I hope that the film will stir emotion and thought about how simple everyday things in life can greatly alter our view of the world and the people in it

The Story
Olive, a smart and trendy college age woman, hears various rumors about Jonah Hart’s questionable,(asshole -ish, douche bag-ish) behavior and obsessively tries to decide for herself the true nature of his character. The story is meant to portray the curiosity between one human being to the next, and the nature of how expectations change based on hearsay. Read more about the story below. . .

And of course, I've chosen not to tell you the rest of the story. You don't want to read every little detail, now. But if you ever see it, you'll know every detail. It feels good to be working on a project again.

No comments:

Post a Comment