Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dreams and waking early

I had a dream that Fiona Apple's "Limp" was made into a newer, better version. It sounded basically the same except the instrumentals during the chorus were more elaborate and slightly more poppy. It was an excellent dream. I have been listening to Fiona Apple so much lately that even when I sleep I need to listen to her. Musical phases for me usually match what's going on in my life. If I could write good music, it would sound similar to Fiona Apple's. (Apologies for the dorky, probably more transparent than necessary, self disclosure)

I woke at six this morning. I laid awake for an hour, wondering what my life is about, restless. I didn't have any spectacular revelation, no epiphanies, no deep insight on myself. I laid there thinking long enough to go back to sleep. Now that I think back, it was actually five, because of the time change. When I woke the second time, I realized that I was supposed to set the clocks back last night after mid night. So, I really didn't sleep in 'til noon. Just eleven. And that makes all the difference.

Anyway, we are having a belated Halloween party today because we at The Hideout are not good at doing these things on time. In other news, my hair is finally orange! I can do anything now that my hair is orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment